Happy December, and for me, the start of the holiday season!
Lake George + Adirondacks
- Festival of Lights is up in Shepard Park!
- The winter weather has started and a trip to Lake Placid seems like just the ticket. Cosy up at Whiteface Lodge and hit the Olympic sites for some 1980 olympics history.
Boston + New England
- Winter festival at SoWA just opened this weekend! Wander through the shops for handcrafted gifts and treats.
- ICA Boston's 2021 James and Audrey Foster Prize exhibition is up — with work from artists Marlon Forrester, Eben Haines, and Dell Marie Hamilton.
- A round up of all the light shows you can visit to get in the holiday spirit!
Places to Wander
- Every year I think I'll make it to Miami's Art Basel and then it's come and gone before I've realized. One year it'll happen. In the meantime, join in me in loving every exhibition booth from this year.
Things I'm Loving
- NYPL started a fantastic virtual series, "Doc Chat," when the pandemic started and I'm happy to say that they've continued. Whether you're a local, love history, are interested in the NYPL collections — or all of the above — this series is for you! Every Thursday you can register for an insightful conversation about something in the collection. (The link also has past episodes as well, which are all recorded)