October means fall is in full swing and the colors here in the northeast are stunning no matter where you go!
- Guide to the best fall foliage
- And if you're in the Adirondacks but don't want to hike or wander aimlessly for your fall colors — check out these cute upstate NY towns I visited last fall. You can enjoy the changing leaves, sample local breweries and pop into local shops along the way.
- The Gardner's Titian exhibition is on view. Have you seen it?
- And going live on October 10 is the MFA's Fabric of a Nation exhibition which displays 300+ years of American quilts and the stories they tell.
Places to Wander
- You may have seen the iconic Arc d'Triomphe wrapped in cloth over the past few weeks. While the temporary installation comes down today, the work is yet another brilliant piece by Christo and Jeanne-Claude, 60 years in the making.
- And in case you needed more reasons to visit London (don't we all), The Wallace Collection has a neat exhibition now on view on Frans Hals and his iconic work the Laughing Cavalier.
Things I'm Loving
- All things fall, most especially anything apple flavored currently. If you're in the northeast, you're in luck for some of the best apples (and don't forget the cider donuts!) Here's where I've picked apples the last few years.