Since it's the month of November, I want to call attention to Giving Tuesday — the Tuesday following Thanksgiving. Donating to worthy causes is more important than any deal you'll find on Black Friday. Plan ahead and decide what organizations you want to support this year. And remember, support doesn't mean thousands or millions. Truly, gifts at any level make an impact (I work in fundraising, so I know what I'm talking about!). A few ideas if you're not sure where to give: organizations working to protect our climate, your favorite museum, the local shelter where you got your furry friend, your alma mater, the local food pantry or women's shelter.
Lake George + Adirondacks
- Check out Park Presents to get your music fix!
- The Hyde Museum's Georgia O'Keeffe exhibit is now up and ready for viewing. Explore downtown Glens Falls while you're in the area.
Boston + New England
- Tickets are going fast for the immersive Van Gogh experience. I can't wait to see it in person, I've heard so many good things!
- Another pop-up experience recently caught my eye and definitely seems like it could be like fun. Travel through the looking glass and sip your way through the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.
- Grab tickets this winter for Actors' Shakespeare Project's modern, rap version of Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.
Places to Wander
- Wishing you could be somewhere else? British Institute of Florence's events are still being held virtually. Grab a glass and pretend you're in Italy.
Things I'm Loving
- When I went to Pittsburgh this summer, we did a make-your-own candle class. With more time spent inside over the coming months, it's the perfect activity for a weekend and you'll leave with a lovely scent to fill your home. (A great gift idea if you need one!) I made mine at MixCandle Co, but search in google maps and I'm sure a local place will pop up where you are.